Friday, February 27, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
On an unrelated note, I had a little puppy scare earlier this week. My sweetest pooch had been acting out for about a week with regard to her potty behavior, and I decided she might have a bladder infection. I took her to the vet on Monday and freaked myself out all day thinking she was probably dying. It turned out my original guess was right: she had a doggie UTI. She's already doing a lot better with the pills I get to shove down her snoutless face twice a day. I'm grateful for that! And in slightly craftier news, I took my hair a little redder on Sunday. I've been unsuccessful at getting a photo, but hopefully I'll have one for you soon.
That's all for now, folks. :)
Monday, February 23, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Tara: You prick your finger on wire, what four [or more] letter word emanates from your mouth?
Brigid: In that situation, I’m most likely to say “Holy crap!” I’m plenty capable of harsher words, but beading is kind of like my sacred space.
See folks? That's interview gold. So go check it out for yourselves, and look for more TCM girl-on-girl action to follow soon (that's hot).
Monday, February 16, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
We don't do gifts on Valentine's Day other than the sweet stuff. My box of these amazing chocolate miracles are arriving today, and I'll be baking Grey his gold cake with orange icing either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. I also managed to win myself a V-Day treat by being the second caller on Up Late with Ben Sumner on Saturday. They are from Sweet Tooth Candy & Gifts in town. I was really hoping they'd be shaped like Ben Sumner's face, but roses are nearly as cool:
Cute, huh? I love that the full-on chocolate roses (with stems, not in the box) have a tag that reads "semi-solid". Is that how we say "hollow" these days? :)
Really, though, this will pretty much be my perfect Valentine's Day. I'm happy any day I get to do the things I love with the one I love. Through a fancy dress, some wine, and magically delicious chocolates on top of it all, and it's like a dream come true.
I hope you have your ideal Valentine's Day!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
I'm the lass in the blue shirt, and yep, the photographer did spell my first name wrong in the cutline. There is no D in the middle of Brigid. That would just be silly. I'm trying to decide whether or not to point that out to him. I normally wouldn't since they get in trouble for that, but since it's all tied to my business, I may be a nag. Still debating.
Anyway, it's a neat little piece, and my oils made the page. Woo hoo! Make sure to click on the link for the rest of the article with Tara's cuff tutorial, and you can check the TCM blog for all the tutorials, which are still slowly coming up. Go team!
Monday, February 9, 2009
And good golly miss Molly does it fit me perfectly! It isn't my engagement ring, and I only wore it on that hand for ease in taking the picture, but it does look nice, eh? ::sigh:: It inspired me to dress in early '60s style today, though I did feel like an anachronism driving my car into my professional job today. I do mean that in the best way possible. I'd like to look Joan but still have Peggy's job. :)
I also excitedly wanted to announce that we have two new group members! Andrea of Paper Lotus Design Group is already establishing herself as a maker of fine greeting cards in Etsyland. We have also welcomed Emily of Girl with a Red Kerchief, who just opened her Etsy shop over the weekend. Both are wonderfully talented women whose craftiness and ideas I'm glad to have on the team. This year is shaping up to be everything 2008 wished it was! And for even more TCM lovin', check this out:
Friday, February 6, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Step 1: respond and rework—answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: tag—eight other un-tagged people.
1) What are you wearing right now? Black pants and a blue button-up shirt, both from Express. My shoes are three-inch black heels that I likely bought at a department store given the brand name. I'm also wearing a pair of earrings I made, a topaz ring I scored at a flea market, and my lovely watch.
2) What's the last thing I read/ are currently reading? I recently finished Little Women and looooooved it. I then started Catcher in the Rye, but it hasn't grabbed me yet.
3) Do you nap a lot? I used to nap multiple times a week. Now, not nearly as much. I can't really sleep at night if I do. :(
4) Who was the last person you hugged? My boyfriend, Grey. :)
5) What's your current obsession/addiction? If you read my blog regularly, you know that it's making crocheted washcloths. I know, I'm a wild woman!
6) What was the last thing you said out loud? "Oh, sorry." I thought someone was talking to me, but they weren't.
7) What websites do you always visit when you go online? My gmail accounts, Etsy, Twitter, MySpace, Blogger, and LiveJournal.
8) What thing are you most likely to splurge on? It's either really tasty food or clothing from Postlapsaria!
9) What is your most challenging goal? Trying to make my craft business take off. It's a slow train.
10) If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished- anywhere in the world, where would it be? Rome, Italy, no question about it. I'd move there tomorrow if I could.
11) Favorite Vacation spot? Well, I guess Italy for this one, too. I really enjoyed Amsterdam, too.
12) Say something to the person who tagged you: Your pug is adorable!
13) Name one thing you just can't resist no matter how bad it is for you: Sour Patch Kids!
14) You are on the Oregon Trail. How are things going? I always wanted to caulk the wagon and float it, so my party wouldn't make it very far.
15) If you woke up tomorrow and were a boy, what is the first thing you would do and why? Pee standing up, of course!
16) Name one thing you can not live with out: Chapstick!
17) Has a celebrity's haircut ever influence you on your own hairstyle? I should be ashamed to admit this, but I did get a Mandy Moore haircut in college. It was pretty cute . . . until it grew out almost into a mullet!
18) What is your favorite characteristic or quality about yourself [not appearance-related]? I'm socially conscious.
19) What brought you to blogland? My narcissism. That's not a joke. I started blogging just out of high school at age 17 because I needed to talk about myself. I stayed with it this long because I love to write and meet new people this way.
20) What attracts you most to another person? Witty repartee. :)
21) New question: Do you think your life has peaked or that it will only get better? I'm a fairly optimistic person by nature, but I genuinely do believe that there are blue skies ahead. I look forward to the rest of my life.
As for my tags, I choose Amby, Renee, Holly C, Holly H, Tara, Heather S, Heather W, and Adrian.
However, tonight, I'm getting together with Tara and Christine of the Tulsa Craft Mafia to meet with a reporter from the Tulsa World (yep, my former employer). She's writing a piece on inexpensive Valentine's Day crafts to make for your sweetie. I've decided to come a bit out of left field and do a tutorial on making massage oil. My recommendation will be that the bottle also comes with a "gift certificate" for a massage, of course, not a request for one. One lucky soul (the boyfriend) got to be my test subject last night. Aside from enjoying the back rub, he helped me decide which fragrance combination was the most pleasant and which oil had the best consistency. I'm really lucky to have such a willing participant, no?
We all plan to post our tutorials on the TCM blog, so I'll let you all know when that's done. I'll also post a link to the completed article. I'll see you in the funny papers. :)
- ► 2010 (73)
- Crafty crush
- It's a miracle!
- Retail thoughts
- Blogger of the Month: donnapool
- All about me!
- Win some swag!
- Obligatory Valentine's Day post
- Fancy Pants Vance Vintage
- New items!
- In the news!
- Anachronistic nostalgia
- Spreading the Tulsa Craft Mafia love
- Sale today! In honor of Go Red for Women Day
- I'm it! (again)
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2008 (107)