Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Theatrical ambition

I did something crazy today: I mailed a headshot, résumé, and cover letter to a highly renowned, incredibly awesome theatre company. I can’t believe it. I’m unlikely to hear anything ever, but I had to take a shot. You can’t win if you never try. Now I have the bug, so it’s time to start seeking new places to submit!

When was the last time you did something crazy and/or ambitious? And do you know of any professional theatre companies that accept submissions from non-Equity actors?

Oh, and here’s a crappy scan of my headshot:
Not the world’s greatest picture of me, I don’t think, but hopefully it’s not too frightening. :)

4 comments:

momof3girls said...

wow! I love that you stepped out of your comfort zone!! and I love your picture- good luck!!! The most wildest thing I have tried lately is I (who am overweight and out of shape) is in training to run a 5k this fall -ahhh!!!

Briana Shepley said...

You look beautiful!!! It's true, you have to try! I live by that! Best of luck (although I doubt you need any ;)

Robin Thomas said...

Brigid! Beautiful and brave. Bravo!

Holly said...

I don't know, Brigid. I think that's a gorgeous picture of you! Your eyes and your smile are completely stunning. You never know, you just might end up getting a call you never expected to get. I can't imagine that lovely face not standing out in the pile. Good luck, friend!

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons