Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Gettin' cozy

I think I will officially have my cool crafter card taken away for admitting this, but I'm dying to make a tea cozy, irony-free. My search has begun for a knit or crochet pattern that is attractive, within my skill set, and fits my needs. There are a lot of choices out there, but most are, well, not quite me. Check out this crazy one:

My taller half suggested I make it a Cheshire Cat one to go over my Alice in Wonderland teapot. Cute idea, but I just can't see myself crocheting anything feline. Also, the spout comes out its, well, you know.

I am loving the look of this one:

But, again, I don't want an opening for the spout. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? The heat can still escape from there.

If I could felt, I would die to make this one:

Given my pickiness and skill set, I may be better off just topping my teapot with a hat, eh?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons