I'm not a resolution-making lass, but I do take the first of the year as an opportunity to dream up some goals or wishes for the coming months. Here's what I wrote last year. I did well enough on those goals. I started selling consignment -- a big, scary step for me. I learned new skills, though the sewing machine and I are still only cordial. I think I improved the Disciples of Etsy team some, and now I'm stepping down as leader. My studio remains an untamed mess.
Here are my plans for 2010:
1. Try new things every month. I'm already signing up for some classes (details in another post). I want to experience more wonderful things.
2. Get braver with my business. I want to push myself in some way. This year, I will approach more stores, apply to bigger shows, launch new products, etc. It'll never grow unless I plant the seeds.
3. Do more crafting for me. I tend to focus too much on "can I sell this?" Sometimes it's OK to make art just for the sake of making art.
4. Organize! Oh, to be an organized person.
5. Run a 5k. This goal won't go away until I do it, dagnabbit.
6. Write more for me. I get paid to produce sentences. I used to do it for fun. I'd like to devote more time to creating sentences on my own time.
7. Eat more vegan meals. I feel better when I do. Plus, it makes me feel more creative in the kitchen.
8. Do something amazing. I'll just leave it at that.
What are your plans for 2010?