Today is the last day of 2009. It's also my last day at my current job. I'm full of bittersweet feelings today. 2009 and this place both treated me pretty well, but I am boldly moving forward towards a better year and position. This is what I'm thankful for on the precipice of this new adventure called 2010:
1. Memories. I'm not a live-in-the-past kind of gal, but memories are still invaluable to me. They remind of us of what we've done, who we've known, and who we've become. They are little treasures.
2. Hopes. Despite my recent grumpiness, I'm an optimist overall. I know that things can always get better. It helps me look forward to new experiences. I like to start the New Year with my eyes, arms and heart wide open.
3. Experiences. Good or bad, I thrive on experiences. I love to try new things. Whether they bless me or burn me (quite literally sometimes -- I guess lampworking isn't for me), experiences expand the limits of what we can do, what we believe in, where we've been, etc. Just as "the unexamined life is not worth living," I think a life empty of risks is only half-full (see: still an optimist). I know 2010 will bring a whole new array of experiences.
I'm wishing a joyous New Year to you all! I hope it's a celebration that prepares you for a beautiful 2010.
- ► 2010 (73)
- Thankful Thursday, New Years Eve style
- Crafty Vegan Food Adventures #3
- A very snowy holiday
- A gift for you
- Christmas Questionnaire
- Last-Minute Shopping Party
- I'm Brigid, and I'm Funky
- Thankful Thursday
- Winter blues
- Deluxe recap
- And the scrub winner is . . .
- Grama's Christmas Present
- Deluxe on Saturday
- All Souls Recap
- New scrub!
- All Souls Arts & Crafts Fair
- Crafty Vegan Food Adventures #2
- Wish List
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2008 (107)