Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Beating the winter blues

I’ve made my winter blues no secret on this blog. (In fact, I have an entire tag for the subject -- yikes!) Last year, I had a particularly bad case of them, and all of you came to the rescue with encouragement and suggestions for how to turn my frown upside-down.

This year, I’ve decided to stop them in their tracks.

I am decidedly a warm-weather girl, but instead of whining about the cold and – eventually – the snow and ice, I’m going to embrace it in 2010. Cold means sweaters, and I like my sweaters. It also means cuddle time, soup, roasted vegetables, and knitting. I like those things, right?

Right.

Anyway, I am now kicking off three big projects to get me through the beginning of November. I’m hopeful that they will keep the blues away.

1. Learn to bake yeast breads. I will make my first one this Friday.
2. Weed through boxes in the apartment. This will probably carry me well into December, too, and possibly the New Year. I have so much unnecessary stuff left over from childhood, college, and my pre-cohabitating days. It’s time to give or throw a lot of it away.
3. Make an advent calendar. I was raised in an irreligious household, so I’ve never had one before. I’m currently looking at patterns and ideas, and I hope to start the project next week.

What is your favorite way to welcome the cold weather?

10 comments:

Heather said...

I am looking forward to this late fall and winter. Its a time or rest and a little like a meditation. Embrace it! And knit your heart out! Do you know how to knit baby hats? everyone I know is multiplying, and I need to hat their children ;)

I found a Christmas decorating book at Hobby Lobby last year with a precious advent calendar in it. Here's a pic of audrey with it last year, it was all done with flannel and fleece and super easy and minimal sewing (yay!)
http://reverieart.blogspot.com/2009/12/tasha-tuesdays-post-14.html

Holly said...

I love your plan to put a halt to the winter blues! Just let me know if you get down, and I'll come tickle your feet. ;-)~

My favorite thing about cold weather is definitely cuddling!

genial said...

great plan... :) success for you :)

usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...


Company fight pigeons in Dammam

Air Conditioning Cleaning Company in Al - Kharj

Unknown said...


Company fight pigeons in Dammam

Air Conditioning Cleaning Company in Al - Kharj

ทดลอง เล่น สล็อต PG SLOT said...

ทดลอง เล่น สล็อต PG SLOT ทดลองเล่นฟรีไม่ต้องสมัครก็สามารถเล่นได้ไม่จำกัดวงเงินปั่นรัวๆได้ กับเว็บ สล็อตออนไลน์ PG-SLOT.GAME ที่นำเกมสล็อตจากค่าย PG SLOT มารวมไว้ในที่เดียว

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons