Monday, August 20, 2007

New item -- Saucy Fuchsia and Black Bracelet



I just posted a new piece, Saucy Fuchsia and Black Bracelet! It's a great deal at $10. :)


All the beads are glass. The center piece (1/2" of fuchsia-pink polka dots surrounded by white halos on a dark purple background) and the large black beads (3/4" and diamond-shaped) are from hobby stores (Hobby Lobby and Michael's). The smaller fuchsia rondelles (3mm) were purchased from The Beadshop, a fellow Etsian. If you're in the market for beads, check out her store.

Now, I'd like to impart a little wisdom your way. I've been experimenting with different clasps on my pieces. I usually go with lobster clasps but bought a few others to try out. Here are my words of wisdom to you all: barrel clasps are impossible to put on one-handed. Seriously. They work fine for necklaces, but they are a disaster waiting to happen on a bracelet. In this picture, you'll see that I used one naively. During my quality-control check (which I'll tell you about another time), I discovered this sad fact. I have since changed the clasp to a hook, which is very easy to put on by yourself. However, the pictures do not reflect this. It's the same one I used in the scarab bracelet in my last post.

Until next time, have a great day, and don't forget to check out Grey Eye Designs!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons