Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day in the life of this blogger

6:10 a.m. Realize the obnoxious radio DJ is beckoning me to awaken. But it’s dark, and I don’t wanna. I hit snooze for my love.

6:13 a.m. OK, fine, I must get up. I’m still not convinced it’s really after 6:00 since it’s dark. Unfortunately, I can’t see the time on the clock, so I get up. Into the shower I go. Afterwards, I put in my contacts.

6:35 a.m. Time to make breakfast. I blend frozen strawberries, frozen peaches, a banana and some water for my smoothie. I also toast some bread from Whole Foods that I call “birdseed bread” and top it with a lovely dollop of peanut butter.

6:53 a.m. After I clean my dishes, it’s time to get ready for work. This involves taking my vitamins, brushing my teeth, getting dressed, putting on moisturizer and make-up, and doing something to my hair.

7:12 a.m. Out the door on time. Woo hoo!

7:29 a.m. I arrive at work and walk up the stairs to the fourth floor. It’s time to have my morning tea. Today is Choice’s Irish Breakfast.

7:40 a.m. I catch up on email and read blogs. I alternate between feeling awake and asleep.

8:30 a.m. I get the bright idea to record what I’ve been up to today, even though nobody asked. You can blame the Voracious Vegan, one of my favorite bloggers, for her post.

8:34 a.m. Time to get some work done since I’ve been here an hour already. On the agenda is editing some grant narratives I’m working on, creating two online applications, and sorting through some old email. Meanwhile, I guzzle 27 ounces of water.

10 a.m. Coffee break. I drink coffee every morning at this time. It’s one part ritual, one part desperate desire to stave off hunger as long as possible. Sadly, nobody made coffee this morning, so instead of making it myself, I steep some of Allegro’s Happy Tummy tea (mint and ginger) and refill my Klean Kanteen.

10:03 a.m. Awaiting my tea to finish steeping, I flip open my employee handbook to see if I can get my company to pay for Spanish classes. Verdict: I don’t think so, according to the manual, but I email my HR person just to check.

10:20 a.m. Time for a book break. Current read: The Challenge of Anne Boleyn by Hester W. Chapman.

10:56 a.m. Meet with my boss briefly and then respond to some more emails. Try not to think about my growling stomach.

11:15 a.m. Dive back into my book.

12:01 p.m. Email from my taller half asks if I knew about a Dar Williams concert (!!) in Springfield, MO this summer. No, I did not.

12:05 p.m. Time for lunch, blessedly. On the menu is Amy’s black bean vegetable soup. Usually I prepare something to bring each week, but we were too busy this weekend. Whilst enjoying it, I do a little research on Springfield.

12:28 p.m. Head out to get my oil changed and then to the library. I return two books (Princesses and Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar) and get four more (Avalon, My Lady Suffolk, A Passage to India and The Scarlet Lion).

1:22 p.m. Get back to my desk and start checking emails again. Refill my water bottle, then dive back into my book. I want to finish it tomorrow.

2:05 p.m. Suddenly fearing I may fall asleep, I close my office door to make some phone calls for a work project.

2:29 p.m. Now it’s time for a yoga break. Today’s routine: Yoga Download’s Episode 24a: Moon Salutations Flow #1.

2:55 p.m. Yoga is done, so I get back to dealing with emails and reading.

3:40 p.m. It’s time for me to take tea. Yes, I’ve begun referring to my afternoon snack as teatime. You can blame all the British history I've been reading. This week, it’s a honey crisp apple and Harney & Sons’ White Christmas tea (white tea with vanilla and almond). Meanwhile, I contemplate what to bring for lunches next week. I’m thinking foul medames (Egyptian fava beans), baba ghanoush, whole-wheat pita and some kind of fruit.

4:30 p.m. Refill water bottle halfway. Make some quick corrections to a document I created and then try to hammer out 25 more pages of reading before I leave.

5:30 p.m. Time to mosey and try to avoid road rage.

5:47 p.m. Arrive at my apartment complex. First stop by the office to pick up a package (batik supplies!), then go in my apartment to leash up my dog. Walk on the dog.

6:01 p.m. Start making dinner. Tonight I'm enjoying whole wheat spaghetti with sauteed zucchini and arugula (the latter from my garden), raw garlic, black pepper, crushed red pepper and nutritional yeast. Words cannot describe the deliciousness. Afterwards, I have two pieces of peanut butter blondies from the above-mentioned Vegan Cookie book.

6:45 p.m. Depart for a board meeting with my 18-oz Klean Kanteen full of water.

7:12 p.m. Meeting actually starts. We have the lofty goal of being done by 8:30.

10:29 p.m. Meeting actually ends. I am dead. Have I mentioned I'm not a night person?

10:43 p.m. Arrive home, sit with my taller half for a few minutes, and then head to bed.

11:00 p.m. Enter dreamland.

So that was my Tuesday. I'll have a garden update to share soon!


Anonymous said...

You obviously need some hobbies.

momof3girls said...

I did not know that you did yoga! Your tea sounds yummy! I will have to make a cup tonight!

Heather said...

i love that you get to read at work! that is awesome. Its always interesting to hear about people's days. My list would involve tons of Yo Gabba Gabba and juice refills...oy....

The Voracious Vegan said...

Hahaha! I love it! These are some of my favorite kind of posts, it is always fascinating to get a nosy glimpse into other people's lives. You have a busy day, wow!

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger