1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid?
Oh yes. My junior year of high school, I was a member of Youth Leadership Tulsa. I turned 16 on a Sunday, got my driver’s license on Monday, and drove myself to our monthly event on Wednesday. It was on the other side of the world (i.e. in Broken Arrow, a suburb to the southeast), so I relied on directions from one of the organizers. Unfortunately, the exit I was supposed to take was closed for construction, and I had no idea where I was going. Over an hour, three towns and several thousand tears later, I found my way. I vowed never to drive in Broken Arrow again. Ask me how long that lasted!
2. Have you ever been to an island?
I’ve been to Sicily, Coronado Island (off San Diego), and the UK – that counts, right?
3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler?
I’m both, though my Myers-Briggs score puts me as a feeler (I’m an ENFP). At work, though, I’m highly analytical, and I like to think that I’m pragmatic.
4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray?
Shades of grey, and shades of Grey. ;) I think it’s good to see things this way, though it does make one indecisive.
5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.)
If it happened today, I’d like to have The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir, because I’m looking forward to reading it.
6. What are you most afraid of?
7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?
I like to think life just gets better every day, so I’d take the present and future over the past.
8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?
I have three photographs that would be perfect: one of me as a baby making a silly face, one of my mother and me in Italy, and one of me and my taller half. I’m still silly, I love traveling and Italy in particular, and my boyfriend and my mom are my two closest friends.
9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.)
I’m as yet unmarried, so it wouldn’t be a redo. I do hope to make my wedding inexpensive and totally us. I’m not very traditional, so my guests should expect vegetarian food and no big white dress.
10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness.
Forgiveness is a release and a relief.
11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time?
I read a magazine and/or listen to my iPod.
12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better?
I hope she would also be committed to volunteer work and serving her community. I hope she wouldn’t have had the food issues I did as a younger woman.