Monday, February 18, 2008

Robyn's Nest

I'm going to do a series of features on other Etsy sellers over the next couple of weeks, so without further ado, I present Robyn's Nest! Click on each picture to be taken to the item's listing.

1. Introduce yourself.
Robyn, age 31, from Houston, Texas; shop opened January 2008 (but Etsy member since August '07)

2. Tell me about what you make. When did you start crafting it and why?
I make accessories (mainly brooches and clips) completely by hand. I combine a lot of different techniques like crochet, embroidery, and fabric folding. I also love to work with different materials, like wool felt, fabric, buttons, and beads.
I've been crafting as long as I can remember. During "play time" in kindergarten, I was always at the art table!

3. What/Who is your biggest inspiration?
My mom is probably my biggest inspiration. She has always been an amazing seamstress and made a lot of my clothes when I was a wee girl. She even helped me make my first blouse from a pattern recently.

4. Why did you decide to start selling?
My good friend Tara has been on Etsy for a long time (check out paperspoon and buttoncollective, a couple of her shops), and she had been nudging me towards opening my own shop for a while! I finally got organized and decided to try selling!

5. Do you sell anywhere else?
Nope...only Etsy so far! I wanted to start small and see what happens!

6. Anything else?
Thanks so much for highlighting the work of independent crafters like me! You rock!


I'd like to thank Robyn for submitting to my interview. Please go check out her lovely shop!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons