Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Interview with simplepleasuressoaps

Today we're learning a bit about simplepleasuressoaps!

1. Introduce yourself.
Hi my name is Krysta Kwasnycia and I am a 30 year old stay at home mother of 3 from a small town outside of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I recently became owner of Simple Pleasures Soapworks after a good friend of mine was going to shut down the business. I thought what a shame. I had been using and absolutely loving her products, that I couldn’t imagine not having them available not only to myself, but for the many customers she had accumulated over the years. I approached her about buying Simple Pleasures from her and a few months later in December of 2007 I became the owner.

2. Tell me about your product. When did you start making it and why?
I make handmade bath and body products. Everything (except my goat milk soap based products) is made 100% from scratch. I started using handmade soaps and lotions about 4 years ago after the birth of my daughter. I developed eczema and my skin was very dry and itchy. I started using handmade soaps and within couple weeks, I could dramatically notice the difference in my skin. When the opportunity came along to own Simple Pleasures Soapworks, I could not resist. The thought of making products I truly believe in and love was very exciting.

3. What makes your items different from others?
My products contain only the highest quality ingredients and are made fresh by me in small batches. This ensures quality to my customers.

4. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My children & my husband.

5. Why did you decide to start selling what you make?
When the opportunity came to purchase Simple Pleasures Soapworks, I was at a point in my life where I needed something more. I had always worked up until having children and now that my twins are almost 3 and my daughter almost 5, I have more free time on my hands to make that happen. I love having something of my own again. Making and selling my products gives me the freedom to be with my family as well as the interaction with the outside world again.

6. Do you sell any where else?
I will be selling at our local farmers market when it starts up this spring. I cannot wait!

7. Anything else?
Thank you so much Brigid for giving me this opportunity to tell your readers a little bit about myself and my company.


Thank you, Krysta! Go visit her shop.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons