Friday, July 11, 2008

World's Prettiest Band Aid

OK, so it isn't really a Band Aid. That's what my boss thought at first, though. Nope, it's a half-finished copper cuff!


It was made in my metalsmithing class, of course. I had a doctor appointment this morning (the most special time of year! :P) and was wearing the bracelet when I came in. My boss asked if I was OK, and I told him yes, it was just a regular, annual visit. He asked, "Did you get blood taken?" I said no, not
understanding why he asked. He

said, "Well, that thing on your arm." I then explained to him and our executive assistant that, no, I'm not wearing a Band Aid on my arm. It's a copper bracelet I made. They told me how lovely they thought it was at that point. Yep, it's a beautiful, stunning adhesive bandage. :P

Anyway, the piece is made from a rectangle of copper that I cut, rounded the edges, annealed, applied a design (using metal screen) with a press thing, and then formed. I intend to tumble it and add a patina. It'll be a few weeks before I can show off the finished product -- our class is on a two-week hiatus. So sad. I may have to order supplies just so I can do some more work. We'll see.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons