Saturday, July 5, 2008

Yummies

I'm taking a break from updating my shop because of the holiday. That, and my job has been busy. Excuses, I know. In celebration of the holiday weekend, though, I present to you a recipe I came up with Wednesday. It's based on another one, but I tweaked it to my preferences. Enjoy!

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

2 cups flour
1 1/3 cups rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup canola oil (I use Smart Balance)
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin, or cooked pureed pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (mine were vegan)
1/4 cup cinnamon chips

Preheat oven to 350. Grease or line two baking sheets, set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine sugars, oil, pumpkin and vanilla. Add dry ingredients in batches, folding to combine. Add the chocolate and cinnamon chips, folding to combine.
Drop batter by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets about one inch apart. Bake for 15 minutes, longer if you want a firmer cookie. Let cool on a wire rack or plate in a single layer.
Makes 32 cookies.

If you wanted to veganize the recipe, just omit the cinnamon chips, up the vegan chocolate chips to 3/4 cup, and up the ground cinnamon to 1 tsp. The vegan version has 150 calories per cookie, 6 grams of fat, and 24% of your Vitamin A needs. And they taste awesome.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Sounds delicious! I'll have to try this recipe. tfs! :)

Brigid said...

I hope you enjoy them! They're my new favorite treat.

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons