Thursday, October 2, 2008

I heart this ring

My poor camera battery has been dead a long time now, and unfortunately I cannot find the charger. It doesn't help that my apartment is a total mess. I'm thinking of just buckling down and buying a new one, but that would be the third one I've owned. I bought this camera in March. Goodness gracious.

Anyway, I did manage to finagle a moment with the not-so-great work camera so I could show you something I made last night. Behold:


Isn't is cute? It was supposed to be for the craft fair season, but this one is mine! It's a clear, flat-backed marble with a handcut paper heart on a paper background glued to the back. The whole thing is then glued to a ring blank. I started out with solid colors, but I'm slowly working on cute shapes. I have a fish and a flower at home, too. Expect a mustache as soon as I can make one small enough.

When I first started these a few days back, I did not properly take to heart the glue's warning that it may adhere to skin. Boy does it! I almost couldn't separate my index finger and thumb on Sunday. That was really scary. I probably should get latex gloves, but I'm living dangerously.

1 comment:

Human Touch Designs said...

Cute ring! I've just started creating my own pendants/rings on glass bases - fun stuff! I'm hoping to take pics of my first project this weekend - a personal piece that I made using dried roses from my wedding day. Be sure to stop by my blog to check it out!

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons