Monday, October 12, 2009

Why I Love Mondays

Liking Mondays is definitely not cool. They mark the beginning of the work week for most folks, and that brings with it the dread of the 40-hour grind.

Maybe it's because I like my job, or maybe I'm just a nut, but I love Mondays. Yes, they have me rising early after two days of fun. However, they also mark another new beginning. I measure time in weeks for the most part, so I consider each Monday morning to be another chance to start again. I feel more creative and productive on Monday mornings than pretty much any other time. My head is filled with ideas and projects, generally dreamed up the night before, and I can really dive into my writing assignments for the week. At the beginning of the week, I make a mental or physical list of everything I want to do or try over the next seven days. This includes craft projects, work tasks, and health stuff (recipes, exercises, etc.).

I think of each new week as a chance to do better than the week before. My life is a constant effort to be the best person I can be. I want to be smarter, healthier, more creative, a better partner, and an involved citizen of the world. There are a million ways to make strides in all these areas, and I make a concerted effort to accomplish all I can throughout the week. I know I'll never be perfect, but that just makes me try even harder!

The way I approach Monday morning sets the tone for my entire week. I know if I can get up to hit the gym at 6 a.m. on Monday, I can do it again throughout the week. If not, it's probably not going to happen at all. Likewise, if I can start the work week with a smile on my face, I can keep up the positivity the next four days. So while the rest of the world is begrudgingly rising and dragging themselves into work, I'm already around with a smile and a cup of fair-trade tea in my handmade mug.

What do you think about Mondays? Am I the only crazy who loves them?

3 comments:

Sarah Von Bargen said...

I don't totally *love* Mondays, but I don't dread them. Which is something, right? :)

Beth said...

Congrats for hitting the gym. If I don't go in the morning, it's tough to do it at night. I hate that! I used to dread Mondays when I had a 40 hr/wk job that I hated, but now it's not so bad, except that my husband works until midnight most Monday's. :( The plus is that House is on Monday night! :)

I wish I had the discipline to plan out my meals at the beginning of the week. That would save me tons of time & money & calories.

Heather said...

I like Mondays too. I dont have an office job, that probably has a lot to do with it ;) however, I love the prospect of a new week and getting things on my own schedule and on my own time. As much as I love weekend together time, I also like my "another monday" alone time...or as alone as I get with a girl and dog at home ;)

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons