Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Crafty Resolutions

I'm not one for New Years resolutions. In fact, I'm opposed to them. I've read far too much about how often one actually keeps a resolution (coughnevercough), so I never make any. However, I do have some goals for 2009 regarding crafts and my business. Here are a few.

1. Grow my business. I need to do this either by putting more effort into my Etsy shop or by finding consignment opportunities. Eek! Scary!
2. Learn new skills. I want to make my sewing machine my bitch in 2009. I'm definitely still its bitch at this point. I also want to start making body products, crochet an afghan, and learn more bookbinding techniques.
3. Improve the Disciples of Etsy team. As a new team leader, I have a ton of ideas, but I've yet to do anything. I want to make the team more useful to its members.
4. Set up my studio. That room is a total mess! I bought some more organizers at Target, and as soon as I have a couple of free hours, I'm gonna go crazy in there. We also need to get some bookshelves.

Those are the main goals. I know others will pop up, but these will do for now. What goals do the rest of you have for the New Year?

6 comments:

Heather Leigh said...

I'm committing to your #s 1 and 2 as well. I'm taking a hat making class!

Heather said...

Im with you on the sewing machine resolution...how can these archaic machines be so difficult to manage??? I get all nervous even at the idea of rethreading a bobbin....
Happy New Year!!

Stela said...

can't wait to see your new products!!

storybeader said...

those sound like managable goals. Consignment items - yes, that's a bit scary! Good luck, co-team leader. Sorry, I gave up on the OKEtsys, bec. you're just too far away.

Jenni said...

What's Disciples of Etsy? It sounds like an interesting team!

Patti said...

I love your "new skills" goal! I think I'll try to develop more tech skills to aid in marketing. Thank you!

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons