Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The economy strikes again

The bad: Our local newspaper -- the one who laid me off almost a year ago with 17 of my colleagues -- just let 28 employees go, including my father. I still haven't found out about the rest of my friends in the newsroom. My dad was there more than 10 years. I hope he can find enough freelance gigs to add up to something. I also really, really hope they can afford health coverage for my siblings, both of whom need it.

The good: I found my perfect wedding band! Click here to bask in its beauty. Of course, I have no need for it at this time. I am madly in love with it, though. Maybe I should marry it!

Today, the bad wins, but hopefully tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons