Friday, August 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday

And I'm belated again this week. I sat down to write it yesterday, and then suddenly projects fell into my lap. Forgive me!


I'm having a great week, though, so here are my three:


1. The state of Arkansas. I've spent very little time there considering that I've lived in northeastern Oklahoma most of my life. However, just this past week, I've planned two long weekends to take place in the Natural State very soon. We're headed to Eureka Springs over Labor Day weekend, where we shall relax, eat, sleep and be merry. We will not be running off to get married, so don't get any ideas in your head. A month later, Mom and I are having some girl time in her hometown of Hot Springs. We will have massages, attend an arts and crafts fair, and seek out the park and road bearing the family name.


2. Oatmeal. I've had it every morning this week, and I feel so great. I used to add a tablespoon of slivered almonds to my bowl, but I switched to pecans this week, and it's made a huge difference. I can actually stay full until lunch! In addition to the pecans, I also top my bowl of oats with a tablespoon each of real maple syrup, flax seeds and ground cinnamon. Yes, that's a lot of cinnamon, and yes, it's delicious.

3. Payday. This needs no explanation. :)

2 comments:

Holly said...

I've been wanting to take a little trip to Arkansas too. It really is a beautiful place, and I've heard that the art scene in Eureka Springs in unbelievable. You'll have to tell me all about your trips!

Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfast foods, even though I've been known to eat it at midnight. I have been adding almonds to mine lately, but I think I'm going to try pecans and be like you!

Briana Shepley said...

If you're a camper, you should TOTALLY take a trip to Paris, Arkansas and go up Mt. Magazine (the highest point in AR) and camp at Cove Lake. I literally grew up camping there weeks at a time and LOVE IT! It is so freaking beautiful!

Have a blast in ES! I LOVE that town!!!

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons