Monday, August 31, 2009

Getting crafty

With a charged camera battery, I can show you a couple of projects I made for myself lately. Both are part of a batch of things I made to send to The Felt Bird this week. First is my new Alice ring:



It's Alice with the baby that turned into a pig ("It was neither more nor less than a pig, and she felt that it would be quite absurd for her to carry it further."). It's my favorite part of the book. If you're not familiar with Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, then click here to read this chapter.


The other thing I've been working on is a bunch of memory wire bracelets. Here's the one that's all mine:


I loved the bright, colorful cheeriness of these beads. They look like candy, eh? I had to add this sweet little "amore" charm I found at Hobby Lobby.


I went ahead and added an Alice ring to my store, too. Here's the little lass with her cat, Dinah, from the beginning of Through the Looking-Glass:


I'm shipping to Stela's store this week, so I'll have more pictures soon!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Everything looks lovely! The rainbow-colored memory bracelet is awesome. I'm still so in love with all the Alice stuff you make. Are you going to stock up your store with them right before the movie comes out? You'd make billions of dollars in sales!

I'm excited about tomorrow, how about you?

Beth said...

I love the Alice rings. They are fabulous.

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons