Sunday, December 9, 2007

Introducing . . . CurlyGirlCrochet!

As a new blog feature, I am going to start featuring other indie crafters and artists, especially those who also sell on Etsy. For my first interview, I'm shining the spotlight on CurlyGirlCrochet who sells -- you guessed it! -- beautiful crocheted items.

(Sunflower Purse, $18 -- looks great in person!
I bought one for my sister's ninth birthday.)


If you're looking for a lovely, unique item and wonderful customer service, she's definitely someone to check out. So onto the interview . . .

1. Tell us about yourself.
Hello! My name is Jodie and I'm 39 years old. I'm from Byron Center, Michigan, and I opened
my Etsy Shop in March 2007.

2. When did you start crocheting and why?
I started crocheting around age 11. It was fascinating to watch my Grandma crochet and see the beautiful creations she made with yarn and a hook. Ever since then, I've been hooked, so to speak!

3. What is your biggest art/craft inspiration?
I am inspired by things I see, hear, or read about. A color, object, or discussion might generate an idea for a project. I never know what's going to inspire me.



4. Why did you decide to start selling what you make?

I decided to start selling the things I crochet as a way to share my creations with others and to hopefuly make a little profit while doing so. I love it when a customer tells me they love their item.

5. Do you sell any where else?
Yes, I've sold on eBay as well, but I much prefer Etsy!

6. Anything else you'd like to tell us?
I hope everyone gets a chance to visit www.Etsy.com. There are so many incredible, handmade items there and so many nice people.

Thanks so much to Jodie for being my first victim! :)
Please go check out her wonderful items here.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons