In yet another attempt to get into the spirit, I'm filling out this questionnaire I just read on She So Crafty. Feel free to fill it out, too!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
I cannot stand egg nog, so hot chocolate. Also, hot chocolate contains chocolate. What's not to love? I like mine with cinnamon.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
I'm 25 and no longer believe in Santa Claus. I don't think I'll tell my children there is a Santa either.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
My two-foot tree has its own multicolored lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I never have, but it could be fun. I don't really need an excuse to kiss my taller half. ;)
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Whenever I experience a moment of grinchlessness. I believe I put the tree out on Monday.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Generally it's mashed potatoes. However, we're starting a new Christmas morning tradition of vegetarian biscuits and gravy. He loves my homemade biscuits and has perfected the meatless gravy.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Hmm . . . I'm trying to remember. I had a lot of good holidays as a child. Oh, I know. There was a Minnie Mouse doll that laughed I really wanted when I was 6 or 7. My parents couldn't find one anywhere, so I guess they had one of the stores put it on order. On Christmas morning, I got some other toys plus a letter from "Santa" written on my typewriter that said I would get Minnie later on. I thought that was the coolest thing.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I think one of my mean older cousins must have told me. I was 7. That should probably embarrass me.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
That was our family tradition when I was a kid, but my taller half and I no longer do.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I remove it from its box and plug it in.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I am vehemently anti-snow. I don't like being cold and damp.
12. Can you ice skate?
Decently. I haven't been since I was a kid, though. I really want to try again.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I remember my mom giving me the complete works of Shakespeare when I was 11 or 12 and feeling super grown up. I don't really have one specific favorite gift, though.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Um, getting through them without exploding.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Used to be pumpkin pie. I guess it still is.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I'm looking forward to making new ones.
17. What tops your tree?
Most people's trees. Oh wait, you mean a tree topper? Nothing at the moment.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving. Even though it stresses me out, I love making gifts for people.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
"Patrick Swayze Christmas."
20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?
I like them but can live without them.
21. Favorite Christmas Show?
Little Women (the one from 1994). It's not really a Christmas movie, but it's close enough, and it's AWESOME.
22. Saddest Christmas Song?
I guess I don't know any. I have had "Where Are You, Christmas?" from the Grinch movie in my head for days. That's pretty sad.
Today is my last day this week. Then I just have four more next week before my time at this job is over. Crazy!