Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Crafty Vegan Food Adventures #2

These are the tasty vegan treats I ate yesterday.

I often start my morning with a delicious bowl of oatmeal, enhanced by pecans, maple syrup and lots of cinnamon.

(In the interest of full disclosure, I'll admit to photographing today's breakfast. I forgot to take the picture yesterday, but it was identical.) Oatmeal is filling, warming and healthy first thing in the morning. Yum!

I often go out for lunch, so I decided to hit up Big Al's. It's one of my favorite places. The food is healthy and easy to veganize. I opted for the avocado sandwich, minus the cheese. (It also had lettuce, tomato, sunflower seeds and onions.)
And I got a delicious pineapple-strawberry smoothie to go with it.

I had to eat a little later than usual because of an all-encompassing morning project, so I didn't end up needing a snack. For dinner, I roasted up fingerling potatoes, a pound of asparagus and two portobello mushroom caps. All had garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. I added rosemary to the potatoes and mushrooms and balsamic vinegar to the latter only. Check out this mouth-watering plate:
If you've never roasted veggies before, all I did was preheat the oven to 425˚, clean and chop the veggies, drizzle olive oil in a 9x13" baking dish, move the veggies around to cover them with oil, and top with tasty things. Twenty minutes later, I had dinner. I now have the rest of the asparagus and another mushroom for tonight's dinner. There are no potatoes left because I ate the first half of them Monday night.
While preparing dinner, I had one piece of Endangered Species chocolate (the dark chocolate with orange flavor). I had another piece after dinner. I ate these too quickly to photograph, but here's a picture I stole off Photobucket:
Around 9:30, I needed one final snack, so I had two clementines, arranged as artistically as I can because I thought it would make a nice picture.

They were sweet, juicy and delicious -- a perfect dessert. I may be a little obsessed with them at the moment.
So there's where my calories went yesterday. After a long weekend of dairy, processed foods and sodium, my body has been craving veggies and fruits. I am really looking forward to tonight's leftovers.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons