Thursday, May 1, 2008

Craft tip

When doing a craft project at your day job's desk, the cap to a bottle of water or soda makes a great place to dip your brush. It won't arouse much suspicion (especially since I always have one on my desk that doesn't belong to any of the bottles), and it's the perfect size for doing a small project.

Not that I would ever do a craft project at work . . . :)

In other news, I gave myself a second-degree burn Saturday morning at my second lampwork class. I made a stupid, novice mistake: NEVER pick up a piece of glass you took away from the torch only about five minutes before. Ouch! My right index finger got the worst of it, but the thumb and middle finger were a bit sore, too. I had to spend all of Saturday with my hand in glass of ice. The finger again became usable Tuesday, which was good because I spent all day doing a bulk mailing for my day job. It doesn't hurt at all now, though the fingertip is thick and numb. At least I don't look too much like a mutant. And you can't see the shape of the piece of glass too well any more. Needless to say, the injury did impede my jewelry making, but I hope to get back on it tonight. I can't wait to show off what I've been up to!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons