- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, softened (I like Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 a banana, mashed
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray, grease, and/or line a 9"x13" baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and banana until creamy. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Spread batter in baking dish. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool, then cut into bars. Makes about 24 servings of this: