Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I recently started reading 1-2-3 Autism Free, and the mama behind it does a feature every Thursday of three things she's thankful for. With things being hectic at work and with my family, I've had little time for crafting and other hobbies. Instead of being frustrated, I've decided to be grateful for what I do have instead.

1. I'm thankful for having a job, deadlines and all. Lots of people cannot say the same. This week is crazy, but I'll take it -- and my decent paycheck -- over unemployment any day.

2. I'm thankful for my boyfriend. It sounds cheesy, but he's always such a great support for me. He'll even skip a new episode of Lost to spend the evening visiting my grandmother in the hospital! ;)

3. I'm thankful for knowing the difference between wanting to get in shape and needing to lose weight. I may be frustrated with myself with regard to exercise, but I'm not under the delusion that I'm hideous or disgusting. I've been around enough girls with eating disorders -- and had my own eating troubles in the past -- to know that's an important distinction.

So that's my three for today. What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Holly said...

Wow, I can see why you're thankful for those things. I love your perspective on the happenings in your life, you've certainly got the right outlook.

I can definitely understand your frustrations with body issues. I do it too, sometimes really badly to the point that Mitch has to call me out for being too critical of myself. But for the record, we're both amazingly hot. Like cover of a dirty magazine, traffic-stopping, causing teenage boys to whisper, making our boyfriends feel like they got lucky hot. That's right. So I'm thankful for that. ;-)

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons