Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A little bird told me

Well, my grandmother seems to be doing better. She went home on Monday, and they're adujusting her medicine in hopes that she won't get weak again. They've also given her a walker just in case and a list of foods to eat and avoid. Our short-term plan is to call very often and go check on her once a week. The long-term plan is to get her relocated either closer to us (she lives a little under an hour a way and sees the doctor here) or my aunt (who lives in Atlanta). We'll see how that conversation ends up.

I am in the mood for a little more cheeriness, though, so I thought I'd share my second embroidery project, completed on a sick day right after my first. It's supposed to be a swallow, I reckon, but mine is much more, ahem, colorful. I wanted to try out the satin stitch, so here's the result.


I haven't decided what word to put in the little banner. I decided "love" was too obvious. Any suggestions? I'm happy with the progress I've been making in my embroidery, but the backs of my pieces are still a bit messier than I'd like. See what I mean?

I'll have more goodies to show you all soon, I hope!

2 comments:

Funkybella said...

"Create"

Lovely!

Holly said...

I'm SO glad to hear that your Grandma is feeling better! Your embroidered bird is beautiful. I couldn't think of a short, inspiring word that was any better than "love", so I think you should put "LOL" on the banner. That would so rock, and it would actually make people lol so the phrase would be accurate in a sense.

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons