Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Paint

A month or so ago, I purchased some basic painting supplies -- small tubes of acrylics, an assortment of cheap-o brushes, flat canvases and a pallette. On Sunday, I decided to pull it all out and see what happened. Here is the poorly lit result:

I don't plan to quit my day job or anything, but boy was that fun! It just felt good to try it out. The colors are a bit richer in person, but this gives you the idea. We're going to hang it in the apartment. I can't wait to paint something else.

Tell me about your creative pursuits of late!

2 comments:

MJ's Jewelry said...

I think it's great! I've been itching to paint but am afraid of what the result would be.

My creative persuit of late was being inspired by a cup of coffee this morning. Random photography seems to be the best for me.

May you always have your muse.

Holly said...

That is beautiful! I love the colors. I could see you being a really good painter. You seem like the kind of all-around creative person who could totally pull it off. Painting scares me a little bit, but I think that's just because it's so unfamiliar. Perhaps that could be a good thing for me though, if I wanted to branch out and try something new. Did it feel good?

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons