Monday, March 9, 2009

Baby Shower Bonanza!

The baby shower was a big success! We ate, played games, decorated onesies, and gossiped for several hours. That's the way to spend a Saturday afternoon. I'll have to post pictures of the onesies another time since my friend hasn't shared them yet, but check out these other goodies.

First is the delicious cake I made. I used icing dye to color some of the frosting darker brown.

Mmm . . . delicious cake innards. The top layer is basic white cake (Blitzkuchen) and the bottom layer is the same but with cocoa powder subbed in for some of the flower. The whole thing iced with peanut butter frosting.

Here's momma-to-be delighting in the ridiculousness of my beastly set.
I woke up early yesterday morning, so I decided to whip out another pair of booties to give to the impending arrival. Here they are:
Little crocheted Mary Janes! They make me smile.

I hope everyone else had a fabulous weekend!

6 comments:

Glue and Glitter said...

Want cake!

Holly said...

That looks like fun, and I am in love with the tiny Mary Janes. You're really good!

Mathea said...

Those MJ's are too die for! How cute. Love the cake as well.

Renee said...

Aww those lil Mary Janes are soooo cute! Great job sista.

Stela said...

haha! the beastly set is hilarious! I love it

Heather said...

aw, i love your snazzy creations! how fun are those? And what a cute name!

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons