Thursday, March 26, 2009

My other creative side

Crafting is one of my passions these days, but one I've had much longer is the theatre. I love to see and read plays, but even more, I love to be in them. I go to a few auditions throughout the year, but there really aren't that many shows done locally that have interesting characters my age. That's why I'm excited to be doing two Summer Stage shows with Theatre Pops again this year.

In 2008, I appeared in Hate Mail, a comical take on A.R. Gurney's classic Love Letters. Shortly after, I did two pieces in Tinkerbell Is Dead, which is a couple of hours of local actors performing monologues.

This year, I'll be playing Deborah in David Mamet's Sexual Perversity in Chicago, a really funny, mature one-act. Mamet is an actor's dream playwright. He writes dialogue that is clever, realistic, biting, and still open to interpretation. I'm really looking forward to the show. It will open at the Tulsa Performing Arts Center on June 11. Then on July 18, I'll be doing Tinkerbell again. I won't pick my monologues for a while yet, but I look forward to doing so. I'll give more information soon, including some of the pictures from the promo shoot I did last night.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons