Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Crochet crazy!

I'm back to crocheting up a storm lately. It's fun! It's relaxing! It makes me feel like less of a toad when I sit around and watch TV all night!

At the end of the month, one of my dearest friends will likely give birth to her first child, a little girl named Rylyn Diana. We're throwing her a baby shower this weekend, for which I am in charge of making the cake. I think I'm going to do a yellow cake with peanut butter frosting. Sounds tasty! Grey, my mom, and I went in together on this adorable high chair, which was on her registry. I also made her this precious hat, featuring a beast!









Tonight, I plan to work on matching booties, though they will sadly be beastless. I will likely also do a second hat in the same colors but with a different decorative element. The pattern I used was supposed to create a sock monkey face, but I liked mine a big more monstrous. I hope the parents-to-be appreciate him, too.

Next up are a bunch of washcloths. You knew I couldn't resist!










The one on the left is very scrubby and has a fun edge. The stack on the right are some custom ones for my awesome friend Holly of Hollyrocks!











Both of these are pretty standard washcloths in neat color schemes.











On the left here is a more gentle one, best for sensitive skin or even babies. The one on the right has a really good surface for scrubbing counters and such.











Both of these have a nice exfoliating surface. They were actually made from the same yarn, too. I love the variety created by the variegated stuff.


I hope you enjoyed!

About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog, which I run in conjunction with my Etsy shop, greyeyedesigns.etsy.com. Here, I'll track things I'm working on, do reviews and interviews, and offer advice and information. Thanks for stopping by!

Your humble blogger

Your humble blogger
dreamhost coupons